Work hard, but have fun

 It's ok to have fun. It took me a long time to realize that, but balance is so important. I am a true believer in hard work and smart work, but what good is working hard if you can't enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Deniz Altindas


I have always worked hard and when I started my businesses I worked hard and smart. I worked 12 to 15 hour days building my companies I sacrificed nights out, brunches and countless hangout times. I knew it would all be worth it in the end, but the one thing I didn't count on was the one thing that was absolutely unavoidable… burn out.

There are times when you will have to give it 1000%. There will be times when you will have to sacrifice your weekend, your evenings out and your adventures. During your success journey, you will have to make sacrifices, but you cannot live extended periods of time running on 1000%. This will only lead to burnout and when you are burnt out, it is impossible to push forward on your success journey.
Connor Jalbert
While burnout can be detrimental to your success journey, there are ways to avoid it. One way is to allow yourself to have fun and relax. While you are working hard to accomplish your dreams, do something nonwork-related to help you relax and enjoy yourself. Take a short trip, read a book, go for a hike, play a game of basketball or hang out with friends.

Burnout can set you back while you are trying to accomplish your dreams. Yes, you need to work hard and yes you need to make sacrifices, but you also need to make time for you. Enjoy yourself in moderation and once you have enjoyed your break get ready to continue on your success journey. 

Comments

Popular Posts