MEL GO TO SLEEP

'MEL GO TO SLEEP"
Tamar Waskey

This is definitely a phrase I hear from everyone who is close to me. I love, and I mean LOVE to constantly run on 120 %.

I am always balancing multiple projects with my companies. I like to travel, so I have incorporated traveling in my businesses. I hate wasting time. I am very calculated and I like to schedule everything. I prefer to stay moving and busy. Productivity is essential in my life.

Now while everything I just mentioned is very important, it is only a portion of what can make me successful. The other part I tend to neglect. I definitely ignore my body’s need for sleep and relaxation. It has actually gotten to the point where I can't sense that my body is tired. When my body has had enough, I will face plant into my laptop’s keyboard. I'll wake up with indentations from the keyboard, asdffgvbjhhh written on the screen and an annoyed attitude.

Now that attitude doesn't stem from sleeping in an uncomfortable sleeping position. No. Whenever I wake up from a face plant nap I am upset that I lost “productivity time".

Calling Me a workaholic maybe an understatement.

Rob Bye


"MEL GO TO SLEEP!"

More and more people have been telling me to sleep. They know I need the rest, even if I can't tell that I do.

Now you think I would have learned from my previous burnout and realize that I need to take time for me, but sometimes I can be very stubborn. I keep pushing a little bit harder. I am running at 150 % and before I can hit another burn out I stop.

Not what you were expecting. I know everyone was expecting the climax of this blog to be me suffering from another burnout.
I did not suffer from another burnout because I am open to growth and I am putting myself in a position where I am aware of what I need. I am also surrounding myself with people who care about my wellbeing without the need for drama. So instead of hearing people scream “GO TO SLEEP MEL”, I am listening to people close to me, who encourage me to take time for myself.

The growth that I am experiencing has allowed me to become more successful and self-aware. Since I am now open to growing and learning I decided to take a break.

I took an entire 24 hours off 8am Saturday- 8am Sunday morning. I spent an entire 24 hours laying in bed doing nothing but listening to music and talking about music. It was something that my body had been craving and I wasn't even aware of it.
Juja Han



That stress-free day gave me what I was missing. It was the lost puzzle piece that fell under the sofa. Once I plugged that missing puzzle piece in everything made sense. The next day, Sunday, I was energized. My focus had returned. I was able to accomplish the tasks that I had been putting off.

So I just want to remind you to chase your dreams, but when it is time to slow down, slow down. Listen to your body and make some time for yourself.

Comments

Popular Posts